How do I report a streetlight that is burned out?
Call Canton Public Works at 734/394-5150 to report a streetlight outage. Public Works can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. When reporting an outage, please have the following information ready: a specific streetlight location (i.e., the nearest cross roads, nearby business, etc.), whether the pole is wooden or metal, the streetlight pole number (for metal poles it’s located at the base of the streetlight. For wood poles it’s located approximately eight feet up the pole), and details about the outage (i.e. light off during the night, light turns on and off at night, light stays on during the day, etc.).

Please note, only Detroit Edison streetlight outages will be taken by Public Works. Decorative streetlights are the responsibility of the neighborhood Homeowner’s Association. To report a downed pole or other emergency please call Detroit Edison at 800/477-4747.

Show All Answers

1. Who has jurisdiction over Michigan roads?
2. What's considered a "state" highway?
3. What jurisdiction does the County Road Commission have?
4. What about city and village streets?
5. How are roads funded?
6. What are federal dollars used for?
7. How does this affect Canton?
8. How do I report a streetlight that is burned out?
9. How does Canton’s water system work?
10. What happens to the waste water in Canton?
11. What is Canton’s strategy towards watershed management?
12. What is ARC?
13. What is a Detention Basin?
14. What are the different types of detention ponds?
15. How are detention basins maintained?
16. How should detention basins be inspected?