Water and Sewer Rates
TOWNSHIP HALL OPEN - TEMPORARY DAYS/HOURS FOR WATER BILLING DEPARTMENT
Tuesday - Thursday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm beginning Tuesday, June 16, 2020
** Water Billing department main counter will be open for questions or duplicate bills * payments will be accepted at the Treasurer’s with the same Temporary days / hours **
If your six (6) digit account number begins with the following:
- One (1) or a Three (3), you are billed the first business day of "odd" months and due the last Wednesday of the same month.
- Zero (0) or Two (2), you are billed the first business day of "even" months and due the last Wednesday of the same month.
To learn your water billing cycle, click on the new interactive Water Billing Cycle Map
Water and Sewer Rates Effective May 1, 2019 - will remain the same for 2020
- $6.23 per 1,000 gallons: water consumption rate
- $5.28 per 1,000 gallons: sewage disposal rate
- $11.51 per 1,000 gallons of water used (combined rate)
- Water: $8.24
- Sewer with sump $6.04
- Sewer without sump $14.90
"eUtilities" is a new site to view the following features:
- Account Summary
- View Bills
- Water and Sewer Consumption Analysis
- Account History
- Link to pay your water bill that will re-route you to our website
- Sign-up and register!
Odd / Even Voluntary Outdoor Water Restrictions
To help reduce future water rate increases, Canton is asking all customers to comply with our odd / even voluntary outdoor water restrictions. By following these voluntary restrictions, we can cooperatively help reduce water use during peak demand periods and help reduce future rate increases. The restrictions are as follows:
- If your address ends in an odd number, irrigation should only be done on odd numbered days.
- If you have an even numbered address, irrigation should be done on even numbered days.
- Canton residents should irrigate between the hours of midnight and 6 am.
Delinquent Water Accounts
Customer’s who fail to pay, or make arrangements for a payment plan within 7 - 10 calendar days following the due date of their water bill, will be notified in writing. A short extension period will be indicated on the notice; failure to pay following the delinquent notice, will result in termination of service.
- If water service isn’t available for more than 24 hours, the house cannot be occupied in accordance to Township Ordinance 78-165.
- Water will not be shut off during the months of December 1 through March 31.
- Water will not be shut off over a weekend, or over a holiday.
- Payments must be paid in full with guaranteed funds (money order, cash, credit cards) before the water will be turned on.
- A charge of $70 for the involuntary disconnection will be added to the account. A re-connection charge of $45 will be added to the account.
- 48 hours in advance
- $20 service fee
- Call 734/394-5240 to schedule
Water Quality Reports
For more information on Canton’s water and sewer charges, please call Water Billing at 734/394-5240.