About Summit COVID Safety
The safety of our members and staff remains of the utmost importance to us. In alignment with direction from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS), a number of new safety protocols and conditions have been implemented. As we navigate through the reopening, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
As part of our reopening, we have several safety measures that are in place for our patrons and staff:
- All visitors and staff entering the recreation center are required to wear a mask at all times, unless you are fully vaccinated based upon CDC guidelines.
- Entry into the facility will only be allowed through the Main Entrance and Recreation Entrance doors.
- All visitors must check-in at the Summit front desk. Members are encouraged to use the Summit Mobile App to scan in and out at each visit.
- All members are required to wipe down equipment regularly before and after each use. Sanitation stations will be provided in several areas throughout the facility.
- Fitness equipment stations will have short-term closures for cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- Members must respect six feet of distance between other guests outside their party.
- Fitness Locker rooms will be available for changing or showering.
- Patrons are asked to minimize the number of belongings that they bring into the facility; however, a limited number of lockers, including individual cell phone storage lockers will be available for use to hold wallets, keys, and phones.
- No water fountains will be available; however, a water bottle refill station will remain open. Guests are encouraged to bring water bottles.
- Signs and posters are posted throughout the center to frequently remind members to take steps to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
New Business Hours:
Summit on the Park's modified business are:
- Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed Sundays
Areas that will remain closed until it is deemed safe to reopen, include: Kids’ Corner childcare center; sauna and steam room;
The Summit places the highest priority on the safety of our guests. As such, we will be following all state requirements, as well as additional safety protocols. Here is how this will affect our members:
- MASKS: Guests must wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times except while swimming, unless you are fully vaccinated.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Guests must respect six feet of distance between other guests outside their party. All equipment has been spaced out to ensure this is possible.
- CLEANING: After hours' cleaning includes scheduled disinfecting of shared surfaces including doors, counters, bathrooms, etc... In addition, members are asked to clean equipment that they have utilized before and after use.
State regulations allow us to open our fitness and gymnasium areas to 50% capacity as of June 1, 2021. As of March 19, 2021 indoor fitness classes have resumed with guidelines and restrictions in place set by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services.
All Summit on the Park memberships, which have been frozen since the facility’s closure due to the global pandemic, will be re-activated and extended accordingly once a member FIRST returns to the Summit. Please allow additional time for your first returning visit. Memberships will remain frozen for those members who do not feel comfortable returning to our facility at this time.