Area residents are reminded that Canton's open athletic fields that have not been previously reserved are available for use on a first come, first served basis for drop-in play for small groups. However, if fields have been prepped, a game has been scheduled on that field and drop-in play is not allowed.
Canton Athletic Field Usage Update
If you have dropped into a field and another team shows up with a reservation confirmation, all drop-in players must leave the field. Larger groups wishing to utilize Canton's athletic fields must have a permit in order to play or practice on a field. If you would like to have your team's practice space guaranteed, fields can be reserved by contacting the Canton Sports Center at 734/483-5600. For additional field use information, please visit csc.canton-mi.orgResident drop in use is free when available as open time. Many leagues, practices and programs are reserved and prepped daily during the season. Please use the Field request form to reserve space on a specific day/time. Some fees may apply for reservations.
Find a Field Near You
Here is a listing of what types of athletic fields and amenities are in each park. The Canton Sports Center is the hub for athletic fields which includes what is open and how to reserve. For more information on the availability of fields please call 734/483-5600.
|Barchester Park||Multi-purpose field, In-line Skating Rink, Playground||No|
|Flodin Park||Multi-purpose field, Baseball/Softball, Basketball Court, Playground, Splash Pad||No|
|Freedom Park||Soccer, In-line Skating Rink, Pickleball, Tennis, Sand Volleyball, Disc Golf, Basketball, Pavilion, Playground||Yes|
|Griffin Park||Soccer, Baseball/Softball, Tennis, Playground||No|
|Heritage Park||Soccer, Baseball/Softball, Cricket, Lacrosse, Football, Sand Volleyball, Pavilions, Restrooms, Playgrounds, Splash Pad||Yes|
|Independence Park||Soccer, Restrooms||No|
|Victory Park/Sports Center||Baseball/Softball, Flag Football, Cricket, Restaurant/Bar, Restrooms, Playground||No|
- Canton Residents are invited to use open athletic fields on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please avoid use of fields that are prepped and lined for sanctioned activities that are scheduled later that day.
- If a Field Permit has been issued, the field priority goes to the reserving group.
The following are required to complete the Field Request Form and schedule a Field Rental:
- Athletic teams scheduling practice, games or tournaments.
- Camps, personal training, fitness classes, or other activities that involve trade of money from participants to those coordinating the activity.
- Guests wanting a specific reservation time and field.
- Special events, races, etc.
- Non-resident groups.
- Complete the Field Request Form and submit to Sports Center staff in advance.
- A certificate of insurance will be required for all rentals.
- Where can my team find a field for practice? Please go through your Youth Sports Commissioner
- How many athletic fields does Canton maintain? 19 ball fields and acres of soccer/lacrosse fields
- How do I reserve a field? Complete the Field Request Form
- Where are Canton's fields located? There are fields located in each quadrant of Canton. Please view our Park Map for the locations of each.
- How can I tell when fields are available? In advance it is best to call 734-483-5600. Several Parks have first come first serve openings listed on the website.
- Do I need to be a Canton resident to reserve a field? Community residents have primary access to fields, however, you do not need to be a resident to reserve a field. Please complete the Field Request Form to get your reservation started.
- How does your drop-in process work? Fields that are not permitted or prepared for later games, are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Canton residents are welcome to use the fields when they are open.
- Can I use the soccer nets and other seasonal equipment if it is on the field? The soccer nets are provided by the Canton Soccer Club and gives them first priority in use. Additionally, other field equipment may be used at the discretion of Canton Sports Center staff.
- When do the athletic fields open? All athletic fields are open 6 am - 10 pm per Canton Township Ordinance. Field priority goes to those that are scheduled by Canton Township classes, leagues and tournaments, and those that are reserved via the Field Permit Process.
- What are the usage fees to reserve a field? Yes, reserved fields have a fee assessed by the Canton Sports Center staff. For drop-in (first-come, first-serve) use there is no fee.
- Is alcohol allowed? Alcohol is not permitted in any Canton Park, except at Victory Park. Alcohol at Victory Park must be provided by Kickers Bar and Grill; outside alcohol is not allowed.
- How do I reserve a Pavilion? Park pavilions can be reserved both online and in-person through the Canton Township Parks department. Please visit our Pavilion Rental page for more information.