The Canton Dog Park located on Denton Road, just north of Cherry Hill, is currently available to Dog Park members year-round 6 am-10 pm weather permitting.
The Park has six-acres of fenced-in, outdoor space for dogs to run and play off-leash, with specific rules to help insure a safe and positive experience for everyone. The park is divided into a large dog section for animals over 20 pounds, and small dog section for animals under 20 pounds. Owners are reminded to be vigilant when at the dog park, actively watching their dogs at all times.
2017 Purposed Dog Park Improvements
Canton Parks staff is continually looking for ways to enhance the Canton Dog Park to create an optimal outdoor experience for you and your family pet.
Watch for the following additions throughout the year.
- Additional shade structures in the Large Dog Area
- Temporary fencing and turf restoration in the Large Dog Area
- Miscellaneous fencing and gate repairs
Dog Park Reminders
With the temperatures getting colder, it's great to still see so many Dog Park members visiting the park. The mission of the Canton Dog Park is to provide a safe, fenced-in environment where dog owners can let their dogs run and play off-leash. Dog Park members are required to abide by the rules posted at the entrance gate in order to maintain the safety and well-being of all dog park users. Please note the following reminders:
- Dog owners must clean up after their dog(s) and dispose of waste properly.
- Dog owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all time and are asked to monitor and correct their dog's aggressive behavior. If your dog is displaying aggressive behavior, please remove them from the area immediately.
- Dog Park members must use their own key fob to enter the park. Members should not swipe in other individuals nor open the gate to provide access to other members. Please remember that only registered Dog Park members are allowed inside the park.
A Dog Park membership is required to use the Dog Park. Memberships can be purchased through the Township Clerk's Office. New Applicants to the Canton Dog Park must submit License Form and Dog Park Waiver to qualify for registration. All memberships must be renewed annually.
CANTON DOG PARK EVENTS
BARK IN THE PARK
Dog owners and their pets are encouraged to attend “Bark in the Park.” Participants along with their four-legged friends can enjoy live entertainment, purchase merchandise, and receive free give-a-ways from local pet supply and service vendors. Both members of the Dog Park and non-members are encouraged to let their dogs experience this off-leash dog park during the event. This special event is designed to give pet owners the opportunity to learn about the Canton Dog Park, meet other pet owners, and give dogs the opportunity to become more socialized. *Note non-dog park members must show proof of up-to date vaccination for rabies and DHLPP, signed by an accredited veterinarian. No Pre-Registration required.
Date: Sunday, May 20
Time: 11 am-1pm
Ages: All Ages
Location: Canton Dog Park, Denton Road
For more information, contact the Canton Park Office at 734/394-5310.